The most beautiful time of the year in Albuquerque, New Mexico is just around the corner! The air is full of the smell of roasting green chile, the sun is fading in the early autumn afternoons, cool mornings, and the bustling city of Albuquerque is planning their balloon adventures!
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is one of the largest hot air balloon festivals in the world, featuring a variety of events and activities for attendees to enjoy. While the specific schedule and events may vary from year to year, here are some of the common events and activities you can typically attend at the Balloon Fiesta:
1. Mass Ascensions: These are the signature events of the Balloon Fiesta, where hundreds of hot air balloons launch into the sky simultaneously, creating a breathtaking spectacle. There are typically morning and evening mass ascensions during the festival.
2. Special Shape Rodeo: This event features hot air balloons in unique and whimsical shapes, such as animals, cartoon characters, and various objects. It's a favorite among both kids and adults.
3. Dawn Patrol: A few balloons equipped with special lights take off before sunrise to test the wind and weather conditions. This creates a stunning display in the pre-dawn sky.
4. Balloon Glows: During evening events, some balloons remain tethered to the ground, and their burners light up in a coordinated fashion, creating a mesmerizing display of glowing balloons.
5. Special Shape Glowdeo: Similar to the regular balloon glows, this event features the special shape balloons illuminated against the night sky, showcasing their unique designs.
6. Music Fiesta: Live music performances are often part of the festival's entertainment lineup. You can enjoy concerts by various artists and bands throughout the event.
7. Chainsaw Carving Invitational: Artists demonstrate their chainsaw carving skills, creating intricate sculptures from wood during the festival.
8. America's Challenge Gas Balloon Race: This gas balloon race is a long-distance competition where teams from around the world participate, taking off from the Balloon Fiesta Park.
9. Balloon Fiesta Challenge: A competition where balloon pilots showcase their skills by navigating through a series of targets on the ground to drop markers.
10. Balloon Museum Tours: The Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, located near the Balloon Fiesta Park, often offers tours and educational exhibits related to ballooning history.
11. Food and Vendor Booths: You can explore a wide range of food vendors offering both traditional and unique culinary treats, as well as numerous craft and merchandise booths.
12. Kids' Activities: The festival usually has a dedicated area for children with interactive games, inflatable rides, and family-friendly activities.
Friday, October 6th 5pm-7pm, DIY Herbal Tea Blending Workshop with Megan!
Snag Tickets HERE!
Saturday, October 7th 9am-2pm, Mass Ascension After Party Pop Up!
Find Details HERE!
We hope you have an absolutely magical time this year experiencing the balloons of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta!